As a Web3 gaming platform built for players and game developers, Iskra is guided by its vision to become a decentralized gaming platform operated by a decentralized organization in the form of the Iskra DAO.
Decentralization has always been at the heart of blockchain, a revolutionary technology that has ushered in countless innovations that continue to redefine how the world works, including gaming.
This is why Iskra stands by a simple but powerful philosophy – to provide a decentralized platform based on community-led governance.
As our community grows, so does the Iskra platform in achieving a higher level of decentralization – a platform where its own community is empowered to lead key decisions regarding its ecosystem governance, including the following:
- New game launch
- Fee pricing
- Development of new services
The Iskra DAO
Working by a highly sophisticated set of mid- to long-term strategies, the Iskra platform is designed to ultimately achieve complete decentralization under the Iskra DAO. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- To become a member of the Iskra DAO and participate in its governance, you must hold sISK, which represents the proportion of your governance rights. The more sISK you hold, the more governance rights you’ll have, and you can only get sISK by staking ISK in the Governance Staking. This applies to everyone without any exception, including Iskra’s game studio, our financial and strategic partners, and even those working directly at Iskra.
- Once the Iskra DAO is launched, it will be responsible for all decisions relating to platform operations, which means the Iskra DAO will have complete authority over the entire Iskra platform.
- All decisions will be made via governance proposal and voting, so members of the Iskra DAO who want to implement a certain decision will have to secure and stake ISK as much as possible. For example:
- P-NFT POV – The Iskra DAO can change the P-NFT policy, such as adjusting P-NFT rewards (increase or decrease its amount) or redefining P-NFT’s role in the Iskra ecosystem. If you’re a P-NFT holder, you have to be a member of the Iskra DAO and participate in its governance proposal and voting to protect your interest.
- Game Studio POV – The Iskra DAO can change the fees or royalty policy for the gamers and the game studio. If you’re a game studio stakeholder, you have to be a member of the Iskra DAO and participate in its governance proposal and voting to have a say in the royalty policy, which will be implemented when a game is onboarded to the Iskra platform.
The Iskra Decentralization Roadmap
Completely decentralization is not achieved overnight, which is why at Iskra, we’ve divided our decentralization plan in stages based on the platform service and community maturity:
Phase 1 – Iskra Original (0-5 Years)
At the early stage of the project, the Iskra Team will lead all platform operations. After we release the Governance Proposal/Voting system, the Iskra DAO will start participating in the decision-making part on some specific major agenda. As the Iskra Team leads the project, only screened games will be sourced by Iskra by leveraging the strategic partnership.
Phase 2 – Open Platform (5-10 Years)
As Iskra’s platform services and community mature, the Iskra DAO’s governance coverage will increase in scope. At this time, the Iskra platform will become an open platform that more game studios can join. The Iskra Team will still source the screened games, but at this stage, any game studios that are members of the Iskra DAO can submit the onboarding proposal to the platform and the Iskra DAO can decide on whether to accept or reject the onboarding proposal.
Game studios can participate in the Iskra DAO by staking ISK and submitting proposals. To influence members of the Iskra DAO to achieve consensus in their favor, the game studio can incentivize other members to vote favorably for their proposal via benefits like airdrops etc. This model gives other members of the Iskra DAO additional benefits for being part of it and participating in it.
Phase 3 – Community-Owned Platform (10 Years Onwards)
As the end game, the Iskra Team will become part of the Iskra community and all platform operations will be subject to the Iskra DAO.
Iskra offers a premier destination for players and game developers to explore the thrill and opportunity of Web3 gaming alongside a vibrant community.
As part of its mission, Iskra aims to mold a Web3 future by creating a forward-thinking dedicated home for Web3 gaming and giving every user a stake in the company’s success. It is committed to becoming a leading platform for blockchain gaming.