There are many gaming platforms being developed for players to play and earn, to enjoy the thrill and opportunities from games on the f blockchain,. Several ecosystems like Iskra and Gala developed ecosystems that revolve around the operation of network nodes.
What separates Iskra Ecosystem from platforms like Gala
- Iskra has a unique Ecosystem that allows for all stakeholders to share up to 100% of the value created by the platform (fees, market place trades, etc.) based on their participation. Contribution Points (CP) are distributed to members (players, game studios, and the platform itself) by running a network node (Pioneer NFT), staking ISK tokens, and simply using the platform services. The more CP you earn, the higher your rank, and the greater your share of the community rewards pool.
- Iskra’s platform tokens (ISK) and Pioneer NFT (utility NFT with node operating rights) have different functions and purposes. ISK functions both as a native token and governance token and possesses governance power for proposal and voting, allowing public holders to vote. PNFT is used for earning through ISK and Contribution Points.
- Unlike other platforms like Gala, Iskra has a deflationary model for platform token ISK to ensure the scarcity of platform tokens and stabilize the ecosystem economic system. 20% of all proceeds from the platform services will be used to burn ISK (eliminating the token from the system) and all ISK secured through the PNFT sale are permanently locked up by Team Iskra.
Gala’s tokens vs Iskra’ tokens:
- The number of ISK tokens is very small compared with GALA. ISK maximum supply is 1,000,000,000 (1 billion) tokens, amounting only 2% of GALA maximum supply of 50,000,000,000 (50 billion) tokens. Given that total value increases at the same amount for both ISK and GALA, value growth of each ISK token should be more concentrated compared with GALA token. This means that ISK tokens scarcity and value maintenance is more manageable. In addition, GALA has no clear deflationary model to burn tokens, ISK has deflationary model where at least 20% of all platform ISK revenues are burned to increase the scarcity of platform tokens and stabilize the ecosystem economic system, preventing hyperinflation.
- Iskra has Community Reward program which is according to member’s participation. Contribution Points are granted to participants. Up to 100% of platform fees will be placed in a community rewards pool that then gets distributed to stakeholders based on their participation, and ranking of contribution points. Gala does not clearly define their rewards mechanisms or the proportion of those rewards in relation to the value created by the platform. Iskra’s governance rights (voting right) belong to ISK, while Gala’s governance rights (off-chain voting rights) are through Founders’ Node software.
- Iskra has Pioneer NFT as utility NFT. Meanwhile, Gala has no utility NFT yet; Gala’s Founders’ Node will be converted to utility NFT soon.
- While GALA has no deflationary model, ISK has deflationary model to increase the scarcity of platform tokens and stabilize the ecosystem economic system, preventing hyperinflation.
Iskra Tokenomics and Gala Games Tokenomics have different features. Notably, Iskra has a Community Reward profit-sharing program to reward participating members and a deflationary model to prevent hyperinflation, which are features Gala doesn’t have. Iskra’s ISK max supply amounts only 2% of GALA max supply, scarcer than GALA, so ISK’s value per token should be higher (more concentrated).
Still, both Iskra and Gala strive to launch earn-and-play games that people earn more than just fun.